So I didn’t do NaNoWriMo this year. Instead, I published my seventh book on Amazon Kindle, picked up valuable book marketing tips for indie authors, and took a great weekend trip to beautiful Vizag. I’m feeling refreshed and ready to start Book 8. I’m also ready to share some basic tips with new indie authors. Here goes:
1) Consistency is the key to indie publishing success. You can’t publish one book a year and expect to become rich and famous.
2) Marketing/book promotion is as important as your writing process. Give equal weight to both.
3) Don’t be selfish. Promote other indie authors too because we’re growing together as a community and not trying to kill each other off.
4) Pay attention to editing and proofreading because readers are paying for this. Plus, your book is your product and you care about how it looks, right?
5) Reviews can be bad or good just like life. Accept them and move on with a smile or a tear. Take the constructive feedback seriously.
6) Don’t keep on checking your sales stats or you’ll waste precious writing and marketing time and feel like shit often.
Hope this helps 🙂